MG Motor India launches MGverse: A future-ready Metaverse Platform
Aims to strengthen its connection with GenZ and GenAlpha and provide an immersive experience, including eCommerce.
Gurugram, June 06, 2022: MG Motor today became the first auto OEM in India, and one of the very few brands across the industries, to announce its vision of MGverse, a Metaverse platform. It will provide an immersive experience to its customers and stakeholders through multiple arenas.
MGverse will act as a universe that combines multiple virtual spaces into a single platform. With this, the brand aims to bring MG fans, customers, partners, and employees together to work, play, engage, collaborate, co-create, socialise and shop. It will enable users to transcend beyond the restrictions of screens and the boundaries of distance into a future where everyone can be present together to create new possibilities and experience new things.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, “Digital technologies have advanced faster than any other innovation in human history. MGverse is a step forward where users can interact with visualised data, just like in the real world. At MG, we strive to provide our customers with immersive experiences at every touchpoint. MGverse is our vision for creating our Metaverse, in which we and our partners will constantly explore, innovate, improvise, and develop new solutions to consistently enhance the customer experience in the future.”
He further adds, “This initiative will help us further strengthen our relationship with GenZ and Gen Alpha. With MGverse, we will build upon our virtual customer experience content to familiarize the future generation with innovative brand experiences.”
For customers to explore their creativity in the MGverse, the brand will provide five different experience centers-
● Explore & Creator's Center: This will enable the user to personalize, accessorize and build their favourite MG vehicle in the Metaverse. It will also allow customers to take a virtual test drive in the cities and streets of their preference. MGverse will even allow customers to book their MG cars from the comfort of their homes.
● NFT Gallery: This will allow users to witness MG’s finest collections on display and enable them to collaborate & co-create, list, and transact NFTs on the platform. Additionally, it will also give an opportunity to individuals and creators to create their own NFT and earn.
● MG Car Club: The members of MGCC will get one more avenue to connect, engage and celebrate togetherness through members-only events and concerts. They will also have an option to buy MG merchandise from MGverse.
● Gaming Arena: The user will get a chance to experience MG's rich racing history. One can choose their favourite racetrack to race in a sportier MG or play other games. Hence, the user can enjoy a plethora of games on MGverse.
● MG Knowledge Centre: It will provide opportunities to our employees and partners for upskilling and attending virtual training sessions, conferences, meetings, etc.
The platform will be accessible on mobile as well as other web browsers to engage GenZ and GenAlpha. MG intends to make similar experiences available for VR (Virtual Reality) headsets, allowing a more captivating and realistic experience at home and in dealerships. The platform will be executed in phases, with the first phase being implemented during the coming festive season.
Since its inception, MG Motor India has been at the forefront of innovation and technology. The automaker has debuted India's first internet SUV, India's first pure electric internet SUV, India's first autonomous level 1 & 2 SUVs, and India's first car with AI in recent years. The company also has launched digital solutions (such as MG Expert, MG ePay, NFTs, and Car as a Platform) to create unique customer experiences.
About MG Motor India
Founded in the UK in 1924, Morris Garages vehicles were world-famous for their sports cars, roadsters, and cabriolet series. MG vehicles were much sought after by many celebrities, including the British Prime Ministers and even the British Royal Family, for their styling, elegance, and spirited performance. The MG Car Club, set up in 1930 at Abingdon in the UK, has thousands of loyal fans, making it one of the world’s largest clubs for a car brand. MG has evolved into a modern, futuristic, and innovative brand over the last 96 years.
MG Motor India’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Halol, Gujarat, has an annual production capacity of 80,000 vehicles and employs nearly 2,500 workers. Driven by its vision of CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric) mobility, the cutting-edge automaker has augmented across-the-board ‘experiences’ within the automobile segment today. It has introduced several ‘firsts’ in India, including India’s first Internet SUV – MG Hector, India’s first Pure Electric Internet SUV – MG ZS EV, India’s first Autonomous (Level 1) Premium SUV – MG Gloster and MG Astor- India’s first SUV with personal AI assistant and Autonomous (Level 2) technology.
- SHARP EX
- SMART EX
- SUPER EX
- STYLE EX
- PLUS SHARP 6S
- PLUS SMART 6S
- PLUS SUPER 6S
- PLUS STYLE 6S
- PLUS SELECT 7S
- PLUS SMART 7S
- PLUS SUPER 7S
- PLUS STYLE 7S